Tuesday, November 22, 2005

10 Reasons Thanksgiving > Christmas

10 Reasons Thanksgiving is the Best Holiday

10.  Grandma’s Stuffing
9.  No gifts to wrap
8.  Eat and then fall asleep watching football
7.  Wake up and eat again
6.  Catching up with family
5.  Sleeping in on Friday while the women get up early to shop
4.  Calvert Hall plays Loyola in the “Turkey Bowl”
3.  I can eat a “slice” of Cranberry Sauce faster than you can
2.  Leftovers

And the number one reason I love Thanksgiving

1.  I don’t have to enter the hellhole that they call a mall during the holidays

While I certainly don’t condone terrorism or the slaughter of innocents, I can almost rationalize it when I have to go into a mall or toy store around Christmas.  You can’t park.  You get stuck behind the slowest people.  They bump into you.  You can’t get a salesperson’s attention.  Those bell ringing Salvation Army people at the exit of every store.  Christmas tunes that are stuck in your head from store Muzak.  (Fa-la-la-la-la, la-la-la-laaaaa)  Old People.  Young People.  Adolescent People.  Rude People.  Nice People.  Humanity in general.  Checkout lines.  The litany of offenses that I think should be punishable by execution on the spot is almost endless.

Whew, I feel a little bit better after venting about that.  I am sure this feeling of inner peace will last .05 seconds into my first Christmas shopping trip.  See why I love Thanksgiving?

Best Wishes to all of you and your families this week.  I hope your team wins, your turkey is cooked to perfection, and your family is together and healthy.

3 comments:

D said...

Shopping sucks period...Happy Turkey Day Bro... Too bad you are in town the week of new years I will be back in the D...for a couple days only

D said...

Thats supposed to say too bad you are not in town...

TripJax said...

i relate to 7 out of the 10. pretty damn good!